Title: Director, Business Development
Report to: Managing Director - Europe
Uptime Institute is the Global Digital Infrastructure Authority. Its Tier Standard is the IT industry’s most trusted and adopted global standard for the proper design, construction, and operation of data centers – the backbone of the digital economy. For over 25 years, the company has served as the standard for data center reliability, sustainability, and efficiency, providing customers assurance that their digital infrastructure can perform at a level that is consistent with their business needs across a wide array of operating conditions. With its data center Tier Standard & Certifications, Management & Operations reviews, broad range of related risk and performance assessments, and accredited educational curriculum completed by over 10,000 data center professionals, Uptime Institute has helped thousands of companies, in over 100 countries to optimize critical IT assets while managing costs, resources, and efficiency.
Uptime Institute is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices in Seattle, London, Sao Paulo, Dubai, Singapore, and Taipei. For more information, please visit www.uptimeinstitute.com.
Uptime Institute is now seeking a business development professional with experience developing consulting business in the data center industry. This position will help expand the company’s global sales activities across the current and developing service portfolio.
This position will be responsible to promote concepts and services, and close contracts (per company policies) for Uptime Institute services. The focus of this business development professional will include data center industry organizations and professionals for both existing and new accounts in the region.
The Director of Business Development will generate new direct and indirect/third-party sales opportunities for Uptime Institute’s Tiers, Operational Sustainability, Due Diligence and M&O (Management & Operations) professional services in their region.
The professional services include certification and consulting on both infrastructure (Due Diligence Assessments, Preliminary Reviews and Tier Certification) and operations (Tier Certification of Operational Sustainability Management & Operations Stamp of Approval) and strategic support in the development and implementation of a robust Facilities Management Programs (Facilities Management & Operations ([FMO] Advisory).
- Work closely with regional sales team, as well as with the global executive team, to identify all strategic, long-term, or portfolio-wide opportunities.
- Develop and manage incoming leads and ongoing industry outreach, including education of the industry regarding these offerings and the IP upon which they are based.
- Manage maturing leads, supporting scope and price negotiation culminating in a proposal, and initiating the contract phase.
- Maintain timely and accurate sales information and tracking through Uptime Institute's CRM (SalesForce).
- Facilitate follow-up and provide roll-up reporting to senior management.
- Travel in support of Uptime Institute events and on-site business development efforts both domestic and select overseas destinations are requisite for this position.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5 -7 years’ experience in Business development and market development background with demonstrable success in identifying new prospective customers, building a pipeline, and closing consulting agreements.
- Experience and knowledge of the global Data Center market.
- Capability to recognize, explore, and scope consulting services consistent with the focus and mission of Uptime Institute and its service offerings.
- Proven sales track record exceeding goals with emphasis on securing and expanding profitable customer relationships.
- Preference given for candidates with an Intimate knowledge of data center planning, design, construction, and operations—and a track record of selling services in this data center consulting discipline.
- Strong verbal and written skills with proven experience in technical subject matter.
- Strong networking, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
- A customer-centric approach.