Dedicated to driving Efficient IT
Efficient IT provides a management methodology that evaluates, scores, and benchmarks Leadership, Asset Management, and the Data Center Design & Topology. This approach ensures close scrutiny, and eliminating waste, from data center power and cooling systems; the asset management of compute, storage, network; and—weighed most heavily—the Leadership (i.e., energy management plan, technology adoption plan, cloud strategy, KPIs).
Efficient IT moves beyond the best practices approach to a weighted systems of behaviors, based on multiple decades of research and protocol development. For Adopters of Efficient IT, Uptime Institute’s multi-disciplined subject matters experts have identified cost savings between 3x-200x the cost of the assessment.
As outside scrutiny of IT intensifies, and IT technologies fundamentally disrupt the build-operate-build-operate model of IT serves delivery, there is a growing business imperative to provide good stewardship of corporate and environmental resources. Efficient IT provides the IT industry its first and only credible and comprehensive award to identify accomplishments in reducing resources consumed.
Uptime Institute’s Efficient IT Assessment is a holistic evaluation of enterprise leadership, operations, and computing infrastructure, to help organizations lower costs and increase efficiency.
Direct consulting and advisory support for DCIM decision making, deployment, and optimization.
Underutilized and comatose servers typically account for 20-30% of a company’s server install base. Systematically, reliably, and repetitively eliminating these servers can drastically improve your overall IT efficiency by freeing up valuable IT resources while lowering energy use.
Ready to learn more or see how others are leading the industry by subscribing to the principles of Efficient IT? Here are several resources that you may find valuable.
- A Holistic Approach to Reducing Cost and Resource Consumption
- Decommissioning as a Discipline: Server Roundup Winners Share Success
- IT Chargeback Drives Efficiency
- AOL discusses IT Efficiency and Server Decommissioning
- IT’s Executive Challenge: Balancing Operational Excellence Today While Preparing for Digital Infrastructure Transformation – Symposium 2015 Keynote
- Avoid wasting time and money procuring and implementing DCIM
- Server Roundup Winner Barclays: Discipline in Decommissioning
- Infographic: The Exorbitant Cost of Doing Nothing
- Infographic: A Tale of Two Data Centers
- Calculator: Comatose Server Savings Calculator
- Uptime Institute Announces Efficient IT Stamp of Approval
- Uptime Institute Honors Industry-Leading Companies with 2015 Brill Awards for Efficient IT
- Visa and AOL take top honors in the fourth annual Uptime Institute Server Roundup competition
Uptime Institute’s Longstanding Commitment to Efficient IT
- 20 years of focused effort on improving management priorities and cross-functional communication
- 10 years of Symposium
- 8 years of Brill Awards
- 4 years of Server Roundup
- Multimillion-dollar investment in research, education and evangelization on energy efficiency innovation and best practices
Efficient IT Resources
Ready to Get Started?
Comatose Servers Are Costing You Money
The Savings Calculator lets you input data specific to your environment to get a quick approximation of the results you can expect by decommissioning your comatose servers.
Infographic: A Tale of Two Data Centers
Every data center management choice produces a result. See two contrasting scenarios play out over time: keeping comatose and underutilized servers running, or beginning an audit and decommissioning initiative today. Learn how you can save millions and be a real world success story.