Uptime Institute, an independent division of The 451 Group, provides education, publications, consulting, certifications, conferences and seminars, independent research, and thought leadership for the enterprise data center industry and for data center professionals.
The Uptime Institute is an unbiased, third-party data center research, education, and consulting organization focused on improving data center performance and efficiency through collaboration and innovation. The Uptime Institute serves all shareholders of the data center industry, including enterprise and third-party operation, manufacturers, providers, and engineers. This collaborative approach, completed with the Uptime Institute's capability to recognize trends on a global basis and to interface directly with owners, results in solutions and invocations freed from regional constraints for the benefit of worldwide data center industry.
Founded in 1993, the Institute pioneered the creation and facilitation of end-user knowledge communities to improve reliability and uninterruptible availability—uptime—in data center facilities and Information Technology organizations. In 2009, the Institute was acquired by The 451 Group, a technology-industry analyst company focusing on the business of enterprise IT innovation.
Uptime Institute has expanded its services and activities around the world:
- Tier Certifications awarded in 26 different countries
- Accredited Tier Designers and Accredited Tier Specialists representing 60 different countries
- Uptime Institute Networks are currently in growing Brasil, Asia Pacific, and EMEA
- Uptime Institute offices in Brasil, Dubai, London, and Singapore, in addition to U.S. Offices (New York, Denver, Seattle, San Francisco)
Our latest professional service offering, Management & Operations (M&O) Stamp of Approval validates the critical facilities management and operations practices of an existing data center.
Uptime Institute Brasil enables Uptime Institute to directly serve the Brasilian market from Sao Paulo supported by our experts from North America and Europe. To date, Uptime Institute has completed 6 Tier Certifications in Brasil.
Uptime Institute Digital Infrastructure Services brings together traditionally disparate planning functions from data center facilities and IT infrastructure. These services align strategic business drivers with both technology and the supporting data center facilities requirements.
- The annual Uptime Institute Symposium brings together the wide range of perspectives in the global data center industry to work to address common challenges of improving the efficiency of IT and facilities, while maintaining the most demanding levels of uptime. The 2012 7th Annual Symposium will feature a Digital Infrastructure Convergence™ them a Modular Campus.
In 2011, the Institute announced its first Uptime Institute Server Roundup, encouraging organizations to remove duplicate, unused, out-of-date, or obsolete servers. Winners will receive a commemorative rodeo belt buckle as well as free registration to and a dedicated presentation slot at Uptime Institute Symposium.
Uptime Institute grants Green Enterprise IT (GEIT) Awards to projects, ideas, and products that significantly improve energy productivity and resource use in IT. A principal objective of the GEIT Awards is to share effective ways to reduce energy and resource consumption by highlighting innovation and best practices.
- Uptime Institute provides education and professional designation to data center design engineers through Accredited Tier Designer and to data center operators, architects, and consultants through Accredited Tier Specialist.
- Individuals, in addition to end-user companies, can now become Institute members and, through the Institute's interactive services, get early access to Institute research and research papers, help to set future research priorities, and discuss industry trends online with their peer community.
About The 451 Group
Headquartered in New York, with offices in key locations – including Boston, San Francisco, Washington DC, London, Seattle, Denver, Sao Paulo, Dubai, Singapore and Moscow – The 451 Group owns and operates three independent divisions: 451 Research, a leading technology-industry syndicated research and data firm focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation; Uptime Institute, an independent provider of thought leadership, certification, education and professional services for the global datacenter and emerging Digital Infrastructure industry; and Yankee Group, the preeminent research and advisory firm equipping companies to profit in a mobile world.