Accredited Sustainability Advisor
INSTRUCTOR-LED ONLINE COURSES - REGISTRATION OPEN NOW
Uptime Institute’s Accredited Sustainability Advisor course provides fundamentals and practical knowledge of sustainability concepts, industry trends, and regulations to enable development of a comprehensive world-class data center sustainability program.
This course is designed for data center sustainability executives, IT and facility engineers responsible for sustainability and analyst and others interested in understanding what consititutes a data center sustainability strategy.
Hear from Our Accredited Sustainability Advisor Graduates
Accredited Sustainability Advisor Program Overview
Program Target Audience
- Data Center Sustainability Executives
- Data Center Managers
- IT and Facility Engineers
- Industry Analysts
- Actively reduce your organization's Carbon Emissions through evolved sustainability practices that reduce energy usage of IT and data center facilities.
- Gain the ability to develop an effective data center sustainability strategy through an understanding of the concepts and actions required.
- A minimum of 24 months of experience in data center operations, critical facility design, or energy management is recommended.
- Contact email@example.com if you have questions about this program
Accredited Sustainability Advisor Curriculum
Physical: Two full days of instruction and exercises culminating in a proctored examination on the third day.
Remote/Online: Four half days of instruction and exercises culminating in a proctored examination on the fifth day.
Please see Schedule for further dates and locations information.
The Sessions and Topics are as follows:
- The Seven Elements of a Sustainability Strategy
- Regulation and Standards
- Measurements and Reporting
- Enforcement and Financial Disclosures
- Efficiency Requirements
- Sustainability Design Decisions
- Energy Management Program Planning
- Data Collection and Measurement
- Operational Metrics
- Power Management Approaches
- Green Energy Procurement Options
- Renewable Energy Constraints
- Greenhouse Gas Sources and Scopes
- Emissions Reduction Challenges
- Design Impacts on Optimization
- Availability and Minimization
- End-of-Life Product Disposal
- IT Product and Energy Reuse
- Performance and Accomplishments Areas
- Internal and External Communication Types
- Guiding Principles
- Business Commitment and Payback
Join the World's Largest Alumni Network of Data Center Professionals
JOIN AN ALUMNI NETWORK COMPRISED OF THOUSANDS OF GRADUATES FROM THE WORLD'S TOP FIRMS
Who Can Benefit From This Course?
- Senior level data center decision makers and sustainability owners
- IT and Facility Engineers responsible for sustainability in their organization or business unit
- Industry Analysts and others interested in understanding what constitutes a data center sustainability strategy
What Should I Expect From This Course?
Graduates will learn the skills needed to evolve sustainability practices to reduce carbon emissions by reducing energy usage of IT and data center facilities - the leading cause of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Where Can I See A List of Accredited Sustainability Advisor Graduates?
You can view the Accredited Sustainability Advisor roster here: View Roster
Why Choose Uptime Institute?
Uptime has been advising operators of digital infrastructure on sustainability and efficiency since 2007, the year of the first Uptime Institute Green Data Center forum. Through our Sustainability Consulting Services and related offerings, Uptime advises some of the world’s largest digital infrastructure owners and operators, many vendors and equipment manufacturers, and regulators and policymakers to help the sector better design, build and operate digital infrastructure sustainably.