Uptime Institute Introduces Remotely-Enabled Services Across Its Entire Digital Infrastructure Portfolio
Introduces Remotely-Enabled Versions of its Industry-Leading Digital Infrastructure Assessments, Certifications and Educational Offerings
SEATTLE, WA – May 4, 2020 – Uptime Institute today announced the availability of new remotely-enabled versions of its globally recognized Tier Standard Certifications, Accredited Educational curriculum, Data Center Risk Assessment, Management & Operations Stamp of Approval, and Facilities Management and Operations services. These new services can be utilized by clients globally today, even with non-traditional business operating plans in effect due to the COVID-19 epidemic, in order to reduce the service delivery risks associated with digital infrastructure design, operations, risk assessment and education.
During the current global health and economics crises, Uptime Institute has seen a significant increase in the demand for its infrastructure risk reduction and educational services. Even after the current pandemic crisis has subsided, each organization will need to revisit their own ‘new normal’ to better enable them to create and operate digital infrastructure with the same performance characteristics they have benefited from in the past.
Accordingly, Uptime Institute has developed remotely-enabled versions of most of its core service offerings while still maintaining the overall value and certification available by utilizing each of these remotely-enabled services:
- Tier Standard Certification – Uptime Institute has revised many of the protocols in place to deliver Tier Standard Certification of Design, Construction and Operations of data center facilities. These revisions eliminate a significant portion of the on-site work previously required, without changing any of the fundamental certification value.
- Accredited Educational Curriculum – All of the Uptime Institute courses introduced over the past 10 years have been updated to allow remote enrollment and attendance along with the associated testing and accreditation.
- Data Center Risk Assessment – Includes off-site review of design documents and findings with a preliminary report. For M&O, the remote assessment includes interviews with select operations staff for view of proactive readiness.
- Management & Operations Stamp of Approval – This is a remotely conducted operational assessment to assist clients in obtaining a complete picture of an organization’s preparedness and proactiveness in today’s environment. Independent review of current plans and processes is generally where the biggest issues are discovered, and ties directly to overall execution for the data center.
- Facilities Management and Operations (FMO) – Virtual workshops provide a strategic approach to balance data center forward-looking objectives like availability, cost and performance. Workshops are designed to offer hands-on guidance for successful long-term operations of the data center and includes final report.
“For the past 25 years, Uptime Institute has built our entire business on helping owners and operators reduce service delivery risks associated with their digital infrastructures,” said Martin McCarthy, CEO, Uptime Institute. “With recent world developments, and in response to customer demand, we have introduced these new remotely-enabled service and course offerings to empower our customers to proactively respond to these infrastructure challenges. Our goal is to empower the data center owner and operator to not only effectively operate throughout the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic but to use the knowledge gained from this experience for more successful and strategic planning into the future. We believe more remote execution is the new normal and took this opportunity to redesign our product service offerings for smarter and faster delivery to help our clients reduce risk.”
About Uptime Institute
Uptime Institute is the IT industry’s most trusted and adopted global standard for the proper design, construction and operation of data centers – the backbone of the digital economy. For over 25 years, Uptime Institute has provided clients with knowledge, insight, and risk mitigation to assure their digital infrastructure can perform at a level consistent with business needs across a wide array of operating conditions. Uptime Institute helps organizations optimize critical IT assets while managing costs, resources and efficiency. Uptime Institute has become the de facto standard for data center reliability, sustainability and efficiency. Today, thousands of companies rely on Uptime Institute to enable their digital-centric business success.
Brenda South, Uptime Institute