Uptime Institute Introduces Remote-Compatible Services Across Its Entire Digital Infrastructure Portfolio
New remote-compatible versions of its globally recognized Tier Standard Certifications, Accredited Educational curriculum, Data Center Risk Assessment, Management & Operations Stamp of Approval, and Facilities Management and Operations services. These new services can be utilized by clients globally today, even with COVID-19 responsive, non-traditional business operating plans in effect, in order to reduce the service delivery risk associated with digital infrastructure design and operations.
During the current global health and economics crises, Uptime Institute has seen a significant increase in the demand for the organization’s infrastructure risk reduction services. And even after the current crisis has subsided, each organization will need to revisit their own ‘new normal’ to better enable them to create and operate digital infrastructure with the same performance characteristics as they have enjoyed in the past.
Uptime Institute has developed remote versions of several of its core service offerings while still maintaining the overall value and certification available by utilizing each of these remote-compatible services:
- Tier Standard Certification – Uptime Institute has revised the protocols in place to deliver Certification of Design, Construction and Operations of data center facilities. These revisions eliminate a significant portion of the on-site work previously required, without changing any of the fundamental certification value.
- Accredited Educational Curriculum – All of the courses which have been introduced over the past 10 years have now been updated to allow remote enrollment and attendance along with the associated testing and accreditation
- Data Center Risk Assessment – Off-site review of design documents and findings with preliminary report. For M&O, the remote assessment includes interviews with select operations staff for view of proactive readiness.
- Management & Operations Stamp of Approval – This is a remotely conducted operational assessment to assist clients in obtaining a complete picture of an organization’s preparedness and proactiveness in today’s environment. Independent review of current plans and processes is generally where the biggest issues are discovered, and ties directly to overall execution for the data center.
- Facilities Management and Operations (FMO) – Virtual workshops provide a strategic approach to balance data center forward-looking objectives like availability, cost and performance. Workshops are designed to offer hands-on guidance for successful long-term operations of the data center and includes final report.